Lunchtime links: Tide's 2008 class is the real thing
September, 1, 2009
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low
A quick check of what's making headlines in the SEC:
- Alabama's 2008 signing class has been even better than advertised, writes Kevin Scarbinsky of The Birmingham News.
- Andy Bitter of The Columbus (Ga.) Ledger-Enquirer has an in-depth breakdown of what freshmen will play this season for Auburn and what roles they might play.
- There will be multiple voices involved in calling plays this season for Mississippi State.
- A more confident Jordan Jefferson is eager to prove himself this season as LSU's quarterback.
- This could be the year that Kentucky quarterback Mike Hartline makes an Andre Woodson-like leap, writes Mark Story of The Lexington Herald-Leader.
- Arkansas junior college newcomer Rudell Crim moves to cornerback and is ready to play his game.
- Georgia tailback Caleb King is back to running sprints after pulling his hamstring on Aug. 12. He's unsure if he'll travel this weekend.
- South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier says smack talk before a game is overrated.
12:00 PM ET Troy 13 Georgia 3:30 PM ET 6 Texas A&M SMU 3:30 PM ET Florida 3 Alabama 4:00 PM ET Indiana 18 Missouri 7:00 PM ET Northern Illinois Arkansas 7:00 PM ET Mississippi State 8 LSU 7:30 PM ET 14 South Carolina Vanderbilt