July, 13, 2011
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com
The links are back on the blog. I know, we missed you all, too. Check out what's going on around the league.
- Brad Locke of The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal writes that there could be some added tension to this year's SEC Media Days.
- Kentucky wide receivers coach Tee Martin still has fond memories of his "special" time as Tennessee's quarterback.
- Charles Goldberg of The Birmingham News writes that Auburn's calendar is beginning to fill up.
- Kristi Dosh over at The Business of College Sports has everything you ever wanted to know about Florida's finances.
- Former Florida cornerback Janoris Jenkins is looking to rebuild his image at North Alabama.
- Georgia sophomore defensive end Derrick Lott is expected to miss four-to-six weeks after suffering a deep cut on his lower right leg in a scooter accident Tuesday.
- Brent Benedict says a dispute with Georgia strength and conditioning coordinator Joe Tereshinski played a part in his decision to leave Georgia and transfer to Virginia Tech.
- Former Georgia running back Caleb King is projected to be a late-round pick in the NFL's supplemental draft.
- South Carolina reserve wide receiver Bryce Sherman said on Twitter that he will not return to the Gamecocks' football team.
9:25 4th Qtr 16 Clemson 21 12 Georgia 31 Delayed Idaho Florida 6:40 2nd Qtr Southern Miss 0 Mississippi State 14 9:00 PM ET 14 Wisconsin 13 LSU Final Tennessee-Martin 14 Kentucky 59 Final South Dakota State 18 24 Missouri 38 Final West Virginia 23 2 Alabama 33 Final Arkansas 21 6 Auburn 45
Final 21 Texas A&M 52 9 South Carolina 28 Final Boise State 13 18 Ole Miss 35 Final Temple 37 Vanderbilt 7