July, 14, 2011
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com
Taking a look at what's going on in the SEC world just before the weekend comes.
- A heated exchange between Auburn coach Gene Chizik and NCAA vice president for reinforcement Julie Roe Lach during the SEC spring meetings revealed the NCAA isn't done investigating Auburn.
- Former Auburn and Alabama football players will play each other in a flag football game next month to raise money for tornado relief.
- Izzy Gould of The Mobile Press-Register wonders if Alabama will be deep enough on offense this fall.
- Despite being removed from Auburn's roster this spring, Eric Smith is still hoping to return to the Tigers' football team.
- Former Auburn football player Chaz Ramsey is suing Auburn and its strength and conditioning coach, Kevin Yoxall, in Mississippi state court after alleging that they were negligent in weightlifting activities that caused Ramsey's career-ending back injury.
- Chip Towers of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution takes a look at Georgia's special-teams group.
- Marc Weiszer of The Athens Banner-Herald writes that former running back turned linebacker Richard Samuel could move back to running back with the depth Georgia has.
- Kentucky's "Thursday Night Lights" workout brings some energy to the football team.
- Janzen Jackson still has a lot to do in order to stay a part of Tennessee's football team.
- Workers from Sports Turf Solutions completed installing the rolls of 419 Bermuda grass sod at Vanderbilt Stadium on Wednesday.
12:00 PM ET Troy 13 Georgia 3:30 PM ET 6 Texas A&M SMU 3:30 PM ET Florida 3 Alabama 4:00 PM ET Indiana 18 Missouri 7:00 PM ET Northern Illinois Arkansas 7:00 PM ET Mississippi State 8 LSU 7:30 PM ET 14 South Carolina Vanderbilt