Lunchtime links: Ole Miss' Hardy ready to take off
September, 2, 2009
By Chris Low | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low
Some SEC links to munch on:
- A healthier, more mature Greg Hardy is eager to put an entire season together for Ole Miss, writes David Brandt of The Jackson Clarion-Ledger.
- John Moorehouse of The Kingsport Times News takes a look at the sacrifice Tennessee defensive tackle Wes Brown has made to play his senior season.
- Junior college transfers DeQuin Evans and Chris Matthews have yet to suit up for a game, but they've been two of the most talked about players for Kentucky during the preseason.
- Florida linebacker Dustin Doe will be suspended for Saturday's opener against Charleston Southern.
- Alabama's Terry Grant works his way back into the running back rotation after being the odd man out a year ago.
- Kelvin Sheppard's versatility makes him a valuable asset to LSU's defense. He's contending for playing time at both middle linebacker and strongside linebacker.
- Michael Smith's role in the Arkansas backfield will be redefined this season thanks to the Hogs' increased depth at running back, but he'll still be a huge part of the offense.
- Suspended South Carolina defensive end Clifton Geathers has been given the OK to return to the team, but will sit out Thursday night's opener against North Carolina State.