July, 25, 2011
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com
We're back from Hoover, Ala., and SEC media days, which means that football is just around the corner. Most teams start fall practice next week. Check out some links from around the league this morning.
- Florida safety Matt Elam was cited for possession of alcohol over the weekend.
- Tennessee linebacker Austin Johnson was arrested for public intoxication and disorderly conduct.
- Former Vanderbilt head coach Robbie Caldwell has found comfort as Clemson's offensive line coach.
- Despite an 11-2 season, LSU linebacker Ryan Baker considers 2010 a "down year" for the Tigers.
- The quarterback future in the SEC appears to be bright.
- Alabama and Auburn players talk about some players standing out during summer workouts.
- Auburn coach Gene Chizik has heard about the low expectations for his Tigers and he really doesn't care about them.
- Robbie Neiswanger of the Arkansas News Bureau takes a look back at the top storylines from SEC media days.
- Florida's John Brantley and Deonte Thompson both anticipate turnaround seasons together in Gainesville this fall.
- Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray is ready for more in his second year as the Bulldogs' quarterback.
- John Clay of The Lexington Herald-Leader writes that the Compass Bowl was an excellent wake-up call for the Wildcats.
- South Carolina's oldest former football players recall the Gamecocks' rich history.
12:00 PM ET Florida Atlantic 2 Alabama 12:00 PM ET 24 Missouri Toledo 12:00 PM ET Arkansas State Tennessee 2:00 PM ET UAB Mississippi State 3:30 PM ET Ohio Kentucky 4:00 PM ET Eastern Michigan Florida 4:00 PM ET Nicholls State Arkansas 4:30 PM ET 15 Ole Miss Vanderbilt 7:00 PM ET East Carolina 21 South Carolina 7:00 PM ET San Jose State 5 Auburn 7:30 PM ET Sam Houston State 12 LSU 7:30 PM ET Lamar 9 Texas A&M