SEC lunch links
August, 25, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Making the rounds on a Thursday:
- Baton Rouge police took shoes from Jordan Jefferson's apartment and are trying to match a footprint on the shirt of one of the four alleged victims.
- It's been a rocky offseason for LSU heading into the 2011 season, writes Glenn Guilbeau of Gannett Louisiana News.
- What can't South Carolina junior defensive end Devin Taylor do?
- South Carolina senior cornerback Akeem Auguste returns for his first action of the preseason.
- Young guys are answering the call on Auburn's defensive line.
- David Climer of The Tennessean writes that Tennessee escaped the worst from the NCAA.
- Former All-SEC safety Janzen Jackson runs out of chances at Tennessee.
- Ole Miss' offensive line is drawing some high praise, but still has a lot to prove.
- Filling the hole at left offensive tackle won't be easy for Mississippi State.
- Trent Richardson embraces the leadership role this season at Alabama.
- Georgia wraps up preseason camp with a "practice game."
- Kentucky's Joker Phillips and Louisville's Charlie Strong are friendly rivals, writes John Clay of The Lexington Herald-Leader.
- Florida coach Will Muschamp doesn't hide his disappointment with the Gators' scrimmage on Wednesday.
- Arkansas' defenders are anxious to hit the quarterback.
7:38 1st Qtr South Dakota State 7 24 Missouri 14 8:00 1st Qtr West Virginia 3 2 Alabama 3 4:00 PM ET Arkansas 6 Auburn 5:30 PM ET 16 Clemson 12 Georgia 7:00 PM ET Idaho Florida 7:30 PM ET Southern Miss Mississippi State 9:00 PM ET 14 Wisconsin 13 LSU Final Tennessee-Martin 14 Kentucky 59
Final 21 Texas A&M 52 9 South Carolina 28 Final Boise State 13 18 Ole Miss 35 Final Temple 37 Vanderbilt 7