September, 5, 2011
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com
The first week of college football is out of the way and America couldn't be happier. It's Labor Day, so when you aren't busy grilling away, check out some links from around the league.
- Jon Solomon of The Birmingham News remembers 9/11 and the SEC's initial mistake of planning to have the games go on.
- Now that the first-game jitters are out of the way, Auburn is focused on its SEC opener against Mississippi State.
- Mark Bradley of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes that Boise was a big game for Georgia coach Mark Richt, but this weekend's game against South Carolina is even bigger.
- Mississippi State caoch Dan Mullen doesn't buy that Auburn is "that bad."
- When Alabama and Penn State meet this weekend, both programs will be auditioning their quarterbacks for the starting spot.
- Peter Finney of The New Orleans Times Picayune rights that Jarrett Lee might have gotten the job done, but LSU still needs Jordan Jefferson.
- Ole Miss running backs Brandon Bolden and Enrique Davis will undergo MRIs Monday.
- Arkansas quarterback Tyler Wilson enjoys his success in his first start.
- South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier isn't very happy at all with the play of his quarterbacks Saturday.
- Tennessee is looking to fix its problems in the running game.
Final Troy 0 13 Georgia 66 Final 6 Texas A&M 58 SMU 6 Final Florida 21 3 Alabama 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Northern Illinois 14 Arkansas 52 Final Mississippi State 34 8 LSU 29 Final 14 South Carolina 48 Vanderbilt 34