Lineup changes for Auburn and MSU
September, 10, 2011
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com
AUBURN, Ala. -- Kickoff is here on the Plains and we have some lineup changes for both teams.
- A.J. Greene will start at right tackle this week. Last week, redshirt freshman Chad Slade started at right tackle. Greene's return is big for the Tigers. He missed most of last season with an injury and he's viewed as one of Auburn's most athletic offensive linemen.
- With Greene starting at right tackle, Slade will move over and start at right guard in place of John Sullen.
- Defensive back Jermaine Whitehead will wear No. 32 instead of No. 3 today.
- Wide receiver Chris Smith will start for Sam Williams this week. Williams had three catches for 27 yards, including a long of 17 last week.
- Spirit, the eagle that flies around the stadium before the game, went a little off course this morning. It almost flew into a window and got pretty close to some fans in the stands, but when it landed at midfield this place exploded. Really cool tradition.
- There is some bad blood between these programs because of the whole Cam Newton fiasco last year, and the Auburn fans let the Bulldogs know it when they came out of the field. Boos rained down from all directions and the Bulldogs seemed to love it as they lifted their arms, calling for more.