SEC players of the week
September, 12, 2011
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com
The SEC announced the top performers from Week 2. Here is a look at them:
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
- QB TYLER BRAY (Tennessee) -- Bray threw for a career-high 405 yards and had four touchdowns, while completing 34 of 41 passes for a school-record 82.9 percent in Tennessee’s 45-23 win over Cincinnati. His 34 completions were the sixth-most in school history and he extended his school-record and current SEC-best streak of consecutive games with at least two touchdown passes to eight. He also rushed for a touchdown against the Bearcats, giving him the only five-touchdown effort in the SEC this season.
- S MARK BARRON (Alabama) -- Barron recorded seven total tackles, an interception and a fumble recovery in Alabama’s 27-11 win at Penn State. His interception ended a Penn State drive at Alabama's 9-yard line in the third quarter and the fumble recovery stopped the Nittany Lions at the Alabama 35-yard line.
- DE MELVIN INGRAM (South Carolina) -- Yes, you're reading this correctly. Ingram took a direct snap on a fake punt and ran 68 yards for a touchdown and also caught an onside kick at end of game to seal South Carolina’s 45-42 win at Georgia. On defense, Ingram recovered fumble and ran it 5 yards for a touchdown late in fourth quarter to put the Gamecocks up by 10.
- OG ALVIN BAILEY (Arkansas) -- Bailey and the Arkansas offensive line helped the Razorbacks' offense total 632 yards of offense, the sixth-highest total in school history, in Arkansas’ 52-3 win against New Mexico. The Razorbacks recorded 34 first downs, which tied for the second-highest total in school history. Arkansas quarterbacks completed 26 of 39 passes for 373 yards and two touchdowns. Arkansas also rushed for 259 yards and four touchdowns against the Lobos.
- DT ROB LOHR (Vanderbilt) -- Lohr collected four total tackles, all for losses, and a pass deflection, in Vanderbilt’s 24-21 win against Connecticut. His four tackles totaled 13 yards of losses and also included a 1-yard sack. Vanderbilt’s defense held the Huskies to just 89 rushing yards on 36 carries, an average of 2.5 yards per attempt.
- RB JOSH CLEMONS (Kentucky) -- Clemons rushed for 126 yards and a touchdown on 14 carries. His touchdown as a school freshman record 87-yarder, in Kentucky’s 27-13 win against Central Michigan.
- RB ISAIAH CROWELL (Georgia) -- Crowell rushed for 118 yards on 16 carries with a touchdown and had two catches for 40 yards and another score in Georgia’s 45-42 loss to South Carolina.
- OL WILLIAM VLACHOS (Alabama) -- Received the top grade on the Alabama offensive line against Penn State. Allowed no sacks, no pressures and did not get called for any penalties.
- WR COBI HAMILTON(Arkansas) -- Caught five passes for 132 yards and a touchdown against New Mexico.
- RB MICHAEL DYER (Auburn) -- Rushed for 150 yards and two touchdowns against Mississippi State.
- P STEVEN CLARK (Auburn) -- Punted six times for a 45.7 yard average, including four punts inside the 20, two of which were inside the 10, against Mississippi State.
- RB CHRIS RAINEY (Florida) -- Registered 162 yards of total offense, including 119 on the ground and a touchdown, against UAB.
- K CALEB STURGIS (Florida) -- Went 3-for-3 on field goals and 4-for-4 on extra points against UAB.
- CB/RS BRANDON BOYKIN (Georgia) -- Set school record with seven kickoff returns for 184 yards and also had two tackles and interception against South Carolina.
LB DANNY TREVATHAN (Kentucky) -- Totaled 13 tackles, three for losses, an interception and pass deflection against Central Michigan.
- WR RUEBEN RANDLE(LSU) -- Caught five passes for 121 yards against Northwestern State.
- RB/RS JEFF SCOTT (Ole Miss) -- Totaled 210 all-purpose yards (118 rushing yards)and a career-high four touchdowns against Southern Illinois.
- DE WAYNE DORSEY (Ole Miss) -- Had three solo stops, two for losses, a sack, interception and pass deflection against Southern Illinois.
- LB CAMERON LAWRENCE (Mississippi State) -- Credited with 14 total tackles, 12 solos, with 3.5 for losses, a sack and forced fumble against Auburn.
- RB MARCUS LATTIMORE (South Carolina) -- Had 176 rushing yards on 27 carries and a touchdown against Georgia.
- OT DALLAS THOMAS (Tennessee) -- Part of an offensive line that saw Vols tally 531 yards of total offense against Cincinnati.
- CB CASEY HAYWARD(Vanderbilt) -- Had four tackles, one for loss, and returned interception 50 yards for a touchdown against Connecticut.