SEC afternoon links
September, 12, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
The SEC lunch links today have become SEC afternoon links. That is, unless you eat a late lunch:
- Police return some of the shoes they confiscated to suspended LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson.
- LSU's Zach Mettenberger wants to be ready if the Tigers need him.
- Mississippi State loses a game the it should have won, writes Rick Cleveland of The Jackson Clarion-Ledger.
- Fixing Georgia will require more than a few Mark Richt "tweaks," writes Mark Bradley of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Kentucky coach Joker Phillips expects a lively crowd Saturday for the Louisville game.
- South Carolina might be ranked No. 11, but the Gamecocks are still struggling, according to Steve Spurrier.
- Tennessee's ground game improves, but the Vols are still looking for a consistent second option.
- Florida wants to turn up the pressure on Tyler Bray and the Vols' passing game.
- Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino said there's a good chance running back Dennis Johnson will play against Troy this weekend after missing the first two games with a hamstring injury.
- Third-down defense has been a problem for Auburn.
- Vanderbilt's 2-0 start is fueled by turnovers.
Final UCF 10 20 Missouri 38 Final Massachusetts 31 Vanderbilt 34 Final Arkansas 49 Texas Tech 28 Final 6 Georgia 35 24 South Carolina 38 Final Louisiana-Lafayette 15 14 Ole Miss 56 Final Mississippi State 35 South Alabama 3 Final Southern Miss 12 3 Alabama 52 Final Louisiana-Monroe 0 10 LSU 31 Final/3OT Kentucky 30 Florida 36 Final Tennessee 10 4 Oklahoma 34 Final Rice 10 7 Texas A&M 38