September, 13, 2011
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com
Checking out what's going on around the SEC with some links.
- Alabama's game against North Texas should give the Tide's quarterbacks a chance to flourish.
- Spirit, Auburn's live eagle mascot, is doing well after flying into a luxury-box window during his pregame stadium flight. However, there is still no word on how the Auburn fan cowering in fear in the picture is doing.
- Dee Ford is on the fast track as one of Auburn's defensive ends.
- Sharrif Floyd's return to Florida's defensive line should be a major boost for the Gators' defense.
- Chip Towers of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution wonders what happened to change the direction of Georgia's football program.
- Despite the loss to South Carolina, Georgia's receivers made improvements over the weekend.
- LSU enters its game against Mississippi State more refreshed and prepared after cruising against Northwestern State.
- Mississippi State is hoping its young linebackers are learning from their mistakes.
- Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt says he still sees glimpses of greatness in his Rebels.
- After a rough first two games, South Carolina is making changes to its secondary.
- Tennessee's players are aware of the losing streak to Florida and how high the stakes are heading into this weekend's game against the Gators.
- James Franklin says this isn't the "same old Vanderbilt."