Making the rounds in the SEC:
- The president of the South Carolina Press Association has asked the University of South Carolina president to intervene concerning Steve Spurrier's rant earlier this week directed at a local columnist.
- Don Kausler Jr. of The Birmingham News takes a glimpse into halftime with the Alabama football team.
- Vanderbilt is still trying to settle on its starting quarterback for Saturday's game with Georgia.
- Jeff Schultz of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes that the NCAA was right to end its investigation into Auburn's recruitment of Cam Newton.
- Meet LSU's "other" cornerback -- Tharold Simon.
- Upsets do happen. Ole Miss has its 31-30 win over eventual national champion Florida in 2008 as proof.
- Marcus Green and Malcolm Johnson give Mississippi State a potent combo at tight end.
- Tennessee offensive coordinator Jim Chaney and the Vols' offense are looking to find their rhythm.
- Georgia linebacker Mike Gilliard takes former teammate Akeem Dent's words to heart.