SEC lunch links
November, 8, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Some SEC linkage for you on a Tuesday:
- Arkansas isn't consumed by its slip this week in the BCS standings.
- The newly expanded SEC will stick with an eight-game conference schedule next season.
- Florida quarterback John Brantley is expected to play Saturday against South Carolina.
- It's been a rocky road so far for injury-plagued Auburn receiver Trovon Reed.
- Alabama is hungry and hurting and focused on Mississippi State, but wants a rematch with LSU.
- Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray has his cast off, but is unlikely to play this week against Arkansas.
- LSU coach Les Miles says both of his quarterbacks will play the rest of the way, but he's in no hurry to name a starter.
- Recruiting failures led to Houston Nutt's downfall at Ole Miss, writes Rick Cleveland of The Jackson (Miss.) Clarion-Ledger.
- Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen says Alabama has feasted on the Bulldogs' mistakes.
- Expansion could jeopardize the Kentucky-Louisville football series.