Lunchtime links: No time to wallow for Hogs
September, 21, 2009
By Chris Low | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low
A check of what's making headlines around the SEC:
- The Hogs have no time to wallow in their sorrow as they turn their attention to Alabama this week.
- After another lackluster defensive effort at Arkansas, the heat is back on Georgia defensive coordinator Willie Martinez, writes Jeff Schultz of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin is exonerated at the Swamp, writes Geoff Calkins of The Memphis Commercial Appeal.
- With Vanderbilt's passing game struggling, coach Bobby Johnson may look at going some with Mackenzi Adams at quarterback.
- Auburn is taking its 3-0 start and win over West Virginia in stride. Coach Gene Chizik said there's still a ways to go on defense after giving up 509 yards to the Mountaineers.
- Florida and Kentucky both have plenty to prove this Saturday at Commonwealth Stadium, writes John Clay of The Lexington Herald-Leader.
- LSU's defense makes a comeback in its last two games, moving up to 14th nationally in scoring defense.
- Three games in, it looks like seven true freshmen are in line to contribute this season for Alabama.