Lunchtime links: Vols' Berry wants to give back
October, 9, 2009
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low
Some SEC linkage for your lunch hour enjoyment:
- Tennessee's Eric Berry wants to do everything he can to beat Georgia on Saturday. But down the road, he wants to give back to his Fairburn, Ga., hometown.
- Florida is still searching for balance on offense, but the Gators are running the ball and winning despite average numbers in the passing game.
- Suspended Alabama linebacker Jerrell Harris learns the hard way that it pays to be forthcoming, writes Don Kausler Jr. of The Birmingham News.
- Highly touted when he arrived at Ole Miss, sophomore tailback Enrique Davis has had a hard time getting on the field.
- The usage of the fullback is still evolving in Dan Mullen's spread offense at Mississippi State, writes Kyle Veazey of The Jackson Clarion-Ledger.
- Auburn defensive end Antonio Coleman has been playing with a hurt wrist.
- South Carolina will field its sixth different defensive starting lineup of the season against Kentucky. Josh Dickerson will start in place of Shaq Wilson at middle linebacker.
- Florida's defense has painful memories of its last trip to Tiger Stadium.
- Georgia's A.J. Green compares to Randy Moss and Terrell Owens, says Tennessee defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin.