A check of what's shaking in and around the SEC:
- Tennessee tight end Cameron Clear was caught by UT police using a laptop that had been reported stolen by a Tennessee baseball player.
- Alabama is trying to flip Georgia's top recruit -- ESPN 150 running back Derrick Henry of Yulee, Fla.
- The SEC's plans for a television network could set a record for money, writes David Climer of The Tennessean.
- The shifting conference landscape could help Kentucky, but hurt Louisville.
- Florida coach Will Muschamp says the Gators' young offense will mature and grow up.
- Auburn is hoping its Big Cat recruiting recruiting weekend will produce results again.
- College football needs an early signing period more than ever, writes Kevin Scarbinsky of The Birmingham News.
- Arkansas quarterback Tyler Wilson has a good read on Paul Petrino, who's back as the Hogs' offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach.
- LSU's football team is eager to bounce back from its flop in the BCS National Championship Game last year.