SEC lunch links
June, 8, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Our Friday stroll around the SEC:
- LSU's assistant coaches are set to receive raises totaling nearly $1 million.
- LSU lands a commitment from quarterback Anthony Jennings of Marietta, Ga. Jennings is an ESPN 300 member and ranked by ESPN as the No. 13 dual-threat quarterback in the country.
- LSU athletic director Joe Alleva says Jackie Sherrill doesn't know what's going on and that an LSU-Texas A&M matchup on Thanksgiving hasn't been set.
- Florida president Bernie Machen announces that he will retire by the end of 2013.
- Alabama is building a new weight room.
- Mark Richt says Georgia is the only job he wants.
- The SEC welcomes Missouri and Texas A&M ... for now, writes Mike Strange of The Knoxville News-Sentinel.
- Alabama lands a commitment from cornerback Maurice Smith of Sugar Land, Texas. Smith is an ESPN 150 member and ranked by ESPN as the No. 10 cornerback prospect in the country.
- A slimmed-down Jeffrey Whitaker looks to be more of a playmaker in Brian VanGorder's Auburn defense.
- Mississippi State receiver Chad Bumphis has his charges reduced stemming from his January arrest for disorderly conduct and public drunkenness.
- Arkansas coach John L. Smith says the status of the three suspended players has not changed and that they remain suspended from the football team.
Final UCF 10 20 Missouri 38 Final Massachusetts 31 Vanderbilt 34 Final Arkansas 49 Texas Tech 28 Final 6 Georgia 35 24 South Carolina 38 Final Louisiana-Lafayette 15 14 Ole Miss 56 Final Mississippi State 35 South Alabama 3 Final Southern Miss 12 3 Alabama 52 Final Louisiana-Monroe 0 10 LSU 31 Final/3OT Kentucky 30 Florida 36 Final Tennessee 10 4 Oklahoma 34 Final Rice 10 7 Texas A&M 38