SEC lunch links
June, 11, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
We take a look at some of what's happening in the SEC on this day while keeping our friends at Auburn in our thoughts and prayers:
- The search continues for the Auburn shooting suspect.
- Evan Woodbery of The Mobile Press-Register has a heartbreaking piece on the young lives cut short in the Auburn shootings.
- Auburn offensive lineman Eric Mack says he was simply trying to make sure everybody was safe and didn't realize at first that he'd been shot.
- Kentucky is able to reel in recruits with perseverance.
- Vanderbilt is right on pace with its facilities upgrade.
- The SEC needs an extra cross-divisional game, writes David Climer of The Tennessean.
- Georgia defensive line coach Rodney Garner believes his 2012 defensive line stacks up with some of his best.
- Top running back prospect Derrick Henry is still committed to Georgia (for now) after visiting Alabama over the weekend.
- Mississippi State lands a commitment from offensive lineman Deon Mix of Batesville, Miss. Mix is rated by ESPN as the No. 15 offensive guard prospect in the country.
- Tiger Town, Mo., plans to come together as the first SEC game nears.
- Ole Miss is fine with keeping Vanderbilt as its permanent cross-divisional opponent.
- Alabama is no longer on probation.
12:00 PM ET Florida Tennessee 12:00 PM ET 6 Texas A&M 12 Mississippi State 3:30 PM ET 3 Alabama 11 Ole Miss 4:00 PM ET Vanderbilt 13 Georgia 7:00 PM ET 15 LSU 5 Auburn 7:30 PM ET South Carolina Kentucky