SEC lunch links
June, 11, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
We take a look at some of what's happening in the SEC on this day while keeping our friends at Auburn in our thoughts and prayers:
- The search continues for the Auburn shooting suspect.
- Evan Woodbery of The Mobile Press-Register has a heartbreaking piece on the young lives cut short in the Auburn shootings.
- Auburn offensive lineman Eric Mack says he was simply trying to make sure everybody was safe and didn't realize at first that he'd been shot.
- Kentucky is able to reel in recruits with perseverance.
- Vanderbilt is right on pace with its facilities upgrade.
- The SEC needs an extra cross-divisional game, writes David Climer of The Tennessean.
- Georgia defensive line coach Rodney Garner believes his 2012 defensive line stacks up with some of his best.
- Top running back prospect Derrick Henry is still committed to Georgia (for now) after visiting Alabama over the weekend.
- Mississippi State lands a commitment from offensive lineman Deon Mix of Batesville, Miss. Mix is rated by ESPN as the No. 15 offensive guard prospect in the country.
- Tiger Town, Mo., plans to come together as the first SEC game nears.
- Ole Miss is fine with keeping Vanderbilt as its permanent cross-divisional opponent.
- Alabama is no longer on probation.
12:00 PM ET Florida Atlantic 2 Alabama 12:00 PM ET 24 Missouri Toledo 12:00 PM ET Arkansas State Tennessee 2:00 PM ET UAB Mississippi State 3:30 PM ET Ohio Kentucky 4:00 PM ET Eastern Michigan Florida 4:00 PM ET Nicholls State Arkansas 4:30 PM ET 18 Ole Miss Vanderbilt 7:00 PM ET East Carolina 9 South Carolina 7:00 PM ET San Jose State 6 Auburn 7:30 PM ET Sam Houston State 13 LSU 7:30 PM ET Lamar 21 Texas A&M