Making the rounds on a Tuesday:
- Police say the search for the accused Auburn shooter continues and that a report that authorities raided the wrong house is inaccurate.
- A Reuters report quotes an FBI spokesman as saying police raided the wrong house.
- Gene Chizik is the right coach in a crisis, writes Kevin Scarbinsky of The Birmingham News.
- A college playoff is worthy of a New Year's celebration, writes John Adams of The Knoxville News-Sentinel.
- Chip Towers of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution lists 10 things you should know about Georgia defensive coordinator Todd Grantham.
- Mississippi State lands a commitment from quarterback Cord Sandberg of Bradenton, Fla. Sandberg is rated by ESPN as the No. 8 dual-threat quarterback in the country.
- Arkansas will unveil its new uniforms on Wednesday.
- There are plenty of streaks for Kentucky's football program to tackle, writes Mark Story of The Lexington Herald-Leader.
- Georgia coach Mark Richt's new contract includes a clause that he should keep the recruitment of junior college players to a minimum.