SEC lunch links
June, 27, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Making the rounds on a Wednesday:
- Auburn's 2004 snub set this college football playoff train into motion, writes Kevin Scarbinsky of The Birmingham News.
- Ole Miss' Hugh Freeze and Mississippi State's Dan Mullen welcome playoffs.
- The football playoff debate was led by the SEC, writes David Climer of The Tennessean.
- Tennessee lands a commitment from 6-10, 297-pound offensive tackle Dan Skipper of Arvada, Colo. He's ranked by ESPN as the No. 52 offensive tackle prospect in the country.
- LSU's Les Miles entertains College World Series fans with his tweets.
- Gabe Bock of TexAgs.com catches up with Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin.
- John Clay of The Lexington Herald-Leader ranks the importance of Kentucky's football games in 2012 from 1-12.
- Ranking the quarterbacks Florida will face during the 2012 season.
- Texas A&M linebacker Sean Porter checks in at No. 20 on The Gainesville Sun's countdown of the SEC's 25 best players for the 2012 season.
- It's not the years, but the championships, that will matter most for Georgia's Mark Richt, writes Seth Emerson of The Macon Telegraph.
12:00 PM ET Florida Atlantic 2 Alabama 12:00 PM ET 24 Missouri Toledo 12:00 PM ET Arkansas State Tennessee 2:00 PM ET UAB Mississippi State 3:30 PM ET Ohio Kentucky 4:00 PM ET Eastern Michigan Florida 4:00 PM ET Nicholls State Arkansas 4:30 PM ET 15 Ole Miss Vanderbilt 7:00 PM ET East Carolina 21 South Carolina 7:00 PM ET San Jose State 5 Auburn 7:30 PM ET Sam Houston State 12 LSU 7:30 PM ET Lamar 9 Texas A&M