SEC lunch links
June, 27, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Making the rounds on a Wednesday:
- Auburn's 2004 snub set this college football playoff train into motion, writes Kevin Scarbinsky of The Birmingham News.
- Ole Miss' Hugh Freeze and Mississippi State's Dan Mullen welcome playoffs.
- The football playoff debate was led by the SEC, writes David Climer of The Tennessean.
- Tennessee lands a commitment from 6-10, 297-pound offensive tackle Dan Skipper of Arvada, Colo. He's ranked by ESPN as the No. 52 offensive tackle prospect in the country.
- LSU's Les Miles entertains College World Series fans with his tweets.
- Gabe Bock of TexAgs.com catches up with Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin.
- John Clay of The Lexington Herald-Leader ranks the importance of Kentucky's football games in 2012 from 1-12.
- Ranking the quarterbacks Florida will face during the 2012 season.
- Texas A&M linebacker Sean Porter checks in at No. 20 on The Gainesville Sun's countdown of the SEC's 25 best players for the 2012 season.
- It's not the years, but the championships, that will matter most for Georgia's Mark Richt, writes Seth Emerson of The Macon Telegraph.
12:00 PM ET Louisiana-Monroe Texas A&M 3:30 PM ET Florida 11 Georgia 4:00 PM ET Kentucky Missouri 7:00 PM ET 3 Auburn 4 Ole Miss 7:00 PM ET Old Dominion Vanderbilt 7:15 PM ET Arkansas 1 Mississippi State 7:30 PM ET Tennessee South Carolina