SEC lunch links
July, 5, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Hope everyone had a pleasant July 4th. How about a little linkage?:
- Former Georgia tailback Isaiah Crowell is reportedly heading to Alabama State.
- A playoff means Wisconsin needs Alabama more than Alabama needs Wisconsin, writes Kevin Scarbinsky.
- Junior college receiver Cordarrelle Patterson arrives at Tennessee to gaudy expectations.
- Nashville would be a long shot for the national championship game.
- One of Auburn's top recruits, linebacker Trey Johnson, plans to attend the Georgia prospect camp on July 13.
- LSU lands a commitment from defensive end Lewis Neal of Wilson, N.C. Neal is ranked by ESPN as the No. 38 defensive end prospect in the country.
- Alabama offensive tackle D.J. Fluker comes in at No. 12 in The Gainesville Sun's countdown of the SEC's top 25 players for the 2012 season.
- There could be early playing time on the horizon for Florida's true freshmen.
- South Carolina's next athletic director is already set up to succeed, writes Brad Senkiw of The Anderson (S.C.) Independent Mail.
- Rebuilding is the main theme at Ole Miss, writes Parrish Alford of The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal.
12:00 PM ET UAB Arkansas 3:30 PM ET 1 Mississippi State Kentucky 4:00 PM ET Vanderbilt Missouri 7:15 PM ET 3 Ole Miss 24 LSU 7:30 PM ET South Carolina 5 Auburn 7:30 PM ET 4 Alabama Tennessee