SEC lunch links
July, 9, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Happy Monday. We'll treat you to a few links:
- Athlon names 12 SEC players first-team All-American.
- The SEC's brightest stars can be found in the trenches this season, writes Tommy Hicks of The Mobile Press-Register.
- Auburn lands a commitment from quarterback Jason Smith of Mobile, Ala. The 6-1, 180-pound Smith is ranked by ESPN as the No. 40 athlete nationally.
- Ole Miss lands a commitment from quarterback Devante Kincade of Dallas, Texas. The 6-foot, 180-pound Kincade is ranked by ESPN as the No. 18 dual-threat quarterback prospect in the country.
- The SEC may still consider going to a nine-game schedule down the road.
- Barring injuries, Tennessee should field its most competitive team since the 2007 Eastern Division championship team, writes Mike Strange of The Knoxville News-Sentinel.
- Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray checks in at No. 8 on The Gainesville Sun's countdown of the SEC's top 25 players for the 2012 season.
- Dave Matter of The Columbia (Mo.) Tribune ranks LSU defensive coordinator John Chavis atop his list of the SEC's top 10 assistant coaches.
- Mississippi State is still pushing to have the Egg Bowl moved to Thanksgiving night.
- Texas A&M is revealing pieces of its new uniforms before the July 12 unveiling.
Final UCF 10 20 Missouri 38 Final Massachusetts 31 Vanderbilt 34 Final Arkansas 49 Texas Tech 28 Final 6 Georgia 35 24 South Carolina 38 Final Louisiana-Lafayette 15 14 Ole Miss 56 Final Mississippi State 35 South Alabama 3 Final Southern Miss 12 3 Alabama 52 Final Louisiana-Monroe 0 10 LSU 31 Final/3OT Kentucky 30 Florida 36 Final Tennessee 10 4 Oklahoma 34 Final Rice 10 7 Texas A&M 38