July, 13, 2012
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com
It's Friday the 13th! Bring on the black cats, ladders, spilled salt and Jason movies!
- Former Gamecocks baseball coach Ray Tanner becomes South Carolina's new athletic director.
- LSU cornerback Tyrann Mathieu checks in at No. 4 on The Gainesville Sun's list of the top 25 SEC players in 2012.
- Pat Dooley of The Gainesville Sun writes that the new playoff format is a finer mess for college football.
- Tommy Hicks of the Mobile (Ala.) Press-Register writes that Reuben Foster's flip from Alabama to Auburn is nothing new and he could flip again.
- Foster's statement during his announcement was almost identical to the one T.J. Yeldon read when he flipped from Auburn to Alabama last year.
- History toughens Arkansas fans, as they look toward the future.
- Here's a look at Georgia's scholarship numbers.
- Tennessee's tickets for the Florida and Alabama games are available in a mini-package.
- Missouri quarterback James Franklin's rehab is on target.
- Kentucky coach Joker Phillips finds nothing to carp about in his freshmen.
- Linebacker/safety Aaron Garbutt checks in at No. 28 on the Jackson (Miss.) Clarion-Ledger's list of the 75 most important Ole Miss Rebels.
- David Climer of The Nashville Tennessean writes that David Williams' promotion to athletic director at Vanderbilt is the right move.
- Johnthan Banks tops deep secondary pool for Mississippi State.