July, 23, 2012
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com
Checking out the SEC links on a Monday.
- The Champions Bowl is looking for a lucrative home, as the SEC and Big 12 try to mirror the Rose Bowl.
- Quarterbacks are ready for the spotlight in the SEC this year.
- The SEC is looking to become more fan friendly.
- Texas A&M is looking to develop new rivals in the SEC.
- Former South Carolina coach and athletic director Jim Carlen dies at age 79.
- Florida's secondary has a chance to be elite in 2012.
- Tennessee's opening opponent already has the Vols' attention.
- Here's an early look at this fall's Alabama-Auburn game.
- Georgia running back Richard Samuel continues to show his team-first attitude.
- Seth Emerson of The Macon Telegraph writes that the next Herschel Walker isn't out there for Georgia.
- LSU is looking to build a better passing game in 2012.
- LSU gets a commitment from an offensive lineman from the state of Georgia.
- The older the better among SEC coaches.
- Kentucky coach Joker Phillips identifies with disgruntled Wildcats fans.
- Missouri's opener with Georgia has an interesting twist.
- Arkansas quarterback Tyler Wilson keeps the Hogs dangerous.
Final Furman 10 South Carolina 41 Final 21 Texas A&M 0 7 Alabama 59 Final 10 Georgia 45 Arkansas 32 Final Tennessee 3 3 Ole Miss 34 Final Missouri 42 Florida 13 Final Kentucky 3 LSU 41