SEC lunch links
August, 3, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
A check of what's making headlines in the world of SEC football:
- A look at how Auburn's running backs stack up the first week of practice.
- Dee Ford and Nosa Eguae are facing off at defensive end for Auburn.
- Kentucky offensive coordinator Randy Sanders expects more this season after a disappointing 2011.
- There's an urgency with LSU to start playing again.
- Ole Miss freshmen Channing Ward and Temario Strong are still awaiting academic clearance.
- The key to Alabama's season starts in August, writes Cecil Hurt of The Tuscaloosa News.
- The Hogs heat it up in their first practice of the preseason.
- Tennessee coach Derek Dooley said his Vols need to get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
- Vanderbilt quarterback Jordan Rodgers is entrenched as a team leader, writes David Climer of The Tennessean.
- Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen likes his players' retention from the spring.
- The battle rages on between Jacoby Brissett and Jeff Driskel for Florida's starting quarterback job.
- Five questions for South Carolina as the Gamecocks open preseason practice.
- Texas A&M's conditioning takes on a whole new meaning after last season's second-half collapses.
Final Troy 0 13 Georgia 66 Final 6 Texas A&M 58 SMU 6 Final Florida 21 3 Alabama 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Northern Illinois 14 Arkansas 52 Final Mississippi State 34 8 LSU 29 Final 14 South Carolina 48 Vanderbilt 34