SEC lunch links
August, 8, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Linking our way around the SEC:
- Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray is scheduled in court Wednesday over a boating incident.
- The Vols fifth-year seniors want to be the building-block class.
- Georgia's Jarvis Jones is ready to "seize the moment" during his senior season.
- Georgia is examining its options on special teams.
- Vanderbilt coach James Franklin wants to see his team be mentally tougher in practice.
- Former Auburn coach Pat Dye says the Tigers are a year away from having a "full deck of cards."
- Alabama commitment Darius Paige transfers to another high school, and one of his former coaches says Alabama assistant Jeremy Pruitt advised him to transfer to Foley High in Alabama because people there would help him academically.
- Alabama's defensive backs are getting plenty of opportunities in preseason camp.
- LSU's Tyrann Mathieu is working to get a handle on his fame.
- Junior offensive guard Jon Halapio emerges as one of Florida's team leaders on offense.
- Senior quarterback Tyler Wilson and freshman receiver Mekale McKay star in Arkansas' first scrimmage.
- Kentucky's freshman receivers are catching on quickly this preseason.
- Kentucky returns 2,060 unsold tickets for the opener at Louisville.
- Ole Miss freshman defensive end Temario Strong is cleared academically.
- Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen likes his depth on both lines of scrimmage.
- Missouri's Sheldon Richardson is finally in the swing.
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin breaks down the Aggies' quarterback competition.
- South Carolina's Damario Jeffery is ready to take his place as a starting linebacker.
12:00 PM ET Louisiana-Monroe Texas A&M 3:30 PM ET Florida 11 Georgia 4:00 PM ET Kentucky Missouri 7:00 PM ET 3 Auburn 4 Ole Miss 7:00 PM ET Old Dominion Vanderbilt 7:15 PM ET Arkansas 1 Mississippi State 7:30 PM ET Tennessee South Carolina