SEC lunch links
August, 13, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Some of what's happening around the SEC:
- Auburn's starting defense is beginning to take shape.
- LSU is determined to move on following Tyrann Mathieu's dismissal.
- Kentucky is totally reliant on youth, for good or bad, writes John Clay of The Lexington Herald-Leader.
- Devrin Young wants to show Tennessee's coaches where he stands.
- Robbie Andreu of The Gainesville Sun breaks down Florida's offensive line.
- Mississippi State freshman defensive back Xavier Grindle reconsiders and returns to campus.
- Ole Miss co-defensive coordinator Dave Wommack evaluates his defense to this point.
- Vanderbilt's defensive duo of Rob Lohr and Colt Nichter bring valuable experience to the Commodores' defense.
- Alabama's Nick Saban is looking for some special, young players on the Crimson Tide's special teams.
- Alabama signee Brandon Hill will spend this season at Hargrave (Va.) Military Academy.
- Arkansas holds star running back Knile Davis out of Saturday's scrimmage.
- Missouri's defense shows a hard edge in Saturday's scrimmage.
- Johnny Manziel makes his case for Texas A&M's starting quarterback job.
Final 21 Texas A&M 52 9 South Carolina 28 Final Boise State 13 18 Ole Miss 35 Final Temple 37 Vanderbilt 7
Suspended Idaho 0 Florida 0
Final Tennessee-Martin 14 Kentucky 59 Final South Dakota State 18 24 Missouri 38 Final West Virginia 23 2 Alabama 33 Final Arkansas 21 6 Auburn 45 Final 16 Clemson 21 12 Georgia 45 Final Southern Miss 0 Mississippi State 49 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28