SEC lunch links
August, 14, 2012
By Chris Low | ESPN.com
Checking on what's making headlines around the SEC:
- The Gainesville Sun is reporting that Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel injured his non-throwing shoulder in Tuesday morning's practice.
- Tyrann Mathieu's future is still up in the air.
- Alabama launches into "game mode" in its first preseason scrimmage.
- Former Auburn and Arkansas State running back Michael Dyer is headed to Prairie View A&M.
- One of the nation's top defensive tackles will choose between Georgia and South Carolina.
- Tennessee is going to a jumbo look in its defensive line.
- There isn't a lot of separation at tailback in Georgia's preseason camp.
- Ole Miss is looking for somebody to step up at slot receiver after Collins Moore's injury.
- Competition lights the fire of Mississippi State defensive end Shane McCardell.
- Arkansas offensive coordinator Paul Petrino says the first-team offense was good, but not great, in Saturday's scrimmage.
- The shooting near Texas A&M's campus hits home with the Aggies' coaches.
- Kentucky sophomore receiver Demarco Robinson is showing more consistency.
Final Furman 10 South Carolina 41 Final 21 Texas A&M 0 7 Alabama 59 Final 10 Georgia 45 Arkansas 32 Final Tennessee 3 3 Ole Miss 34 Final Missouri 42 Florida 13 Final Kentucky 3 LSU 41