August, 15, 2012
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com
Taking a look around the SEC on a Wednesday.
- Jeff Duncan of The New Orleans Times-Picayune writes that with or without Tyrann Mathieu, LSU is still the best team in the country.
- Florida is looking for more creativity and production under new offensive coordinator Brent Pease.
- Vanderbilt's freshmen take off fast during fall camp.
- Missouri cornerback E.J. Gaines will lend a helping hand to the Tigers' defense.
- Alabama tight end Michael Williams wants to be known for more than just his blocking.
- Kevin Scarbinsky of The Birmingham News writes that Alabama made Tyrann Mathieu disappear long before LSU dismissed him.
- Auburn's freshmen are making a lot of noise during fall camp.
- Chip Towers of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes that most of the questions at Georgia have been answered heading into the Bulldogs' second scrimmage.
- Texas A&M's receiving corps goes deeper than Ryan Swope.
- Tennessee's running game is starting to take shape in fall camp.
- Mississippi State's Corey Broomfield relishes his move from cornerback to safety.
- Hugh Freeze hopes the tight end position can jazz up Ole Miss' offense.
- Tim Sullivan of The Louisville Courier-Journal writes that Kentucky must resolve its quarterback dilemma.
- Former walk-ons are closing in on starting jobs along Arkansas' offensive line.
12:00 PM ET Florida Tennessee 12:00 PM ET 6 Texas A&M 12 Mississippi State 3:30 PM ET 3 Alabama 11 Ole Miss 4:00 PM ET Vanderbilt 13 Georgia 7:00 PM ET 15 LSU 5 Auburn 7:30 PM ET South Carolina Kentucky