SEC lunch links
August, 16, 2012
By Chris Low | ESPN.com
Making the rounds on a Thursday:
- Alabama's Barrett Jones is more than just a blocker.
- Auburn's Gene Chizik still isn't ready to name a starting quarterback coming out of the Tigers' third scrimmage.
- Tennessee junior college newcomer Cordarrelle Patterson is doing his best to get up to speed.
- Former Georgia coach Jim Donnan is facing federal fraud charges.
- Sophomore receiver Tobias Singleton leaves Ole Miss' team.
- Georgia's Malcolm Mitchell is getting all of his scrimmage work on defense.
- Arkansas senior defensive tackle D.D. Jones is the Hogs' vocal leader.
- The big question at Florida is at receiver and not necessarily at quarterback, writes Pat Dooley of The Gainesville Sun.
- Kentucky's young offensive line is leaning on the duo of Larry Warford and Matt Smith.
- LSU's tight ends relish an expanded role in the Tigers' offense.
- Former Washington defensive coordinator Nick Holt joins Arkansas' staff as the on-campus recruiting coordinator and replaces Jessica Dorrell, the female football staffer who was having an affair with former coach Bobby Petrino.
- South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier says that running back Marcus Lattimore has demonstrated that he's ready to play.
- Johnny Manziel made a meteoric rise to win the Texas A&M quarterback job.
- Missouri's Kendial Lawrence has become a film junkie of former Alabama star running back Trent Richardson.