August, 17, 2012
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com
Finishing up the week with some links.
- Even less successful SEC teams have big stadiums, writes Terez Paylor of The Kansas City Star.
- Alabama has numerous options to replace big names at linebacker.
- Arkansas' Dennis Johnson is eager to fill the big shoes left by Joe Adams at punt returner.
- Auburn defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder is looking for aggressive play from the defense, as he builds a starting lineup.
- Pat Dooley of The Gainesville Sun writes that Florida needs to find "the guy" at wide receiver.
- Georgia will lean on its wide receivers for big plays.
- LSU's fine offensive line is expected to include veteran Josh Dworaczyk.
- Mississippi State is slowly starting to turn its attention to the start of the season.
- A matured Bud Sasser is catching on at Missouri.
- Wide receiver Tobias Singleton leaves Ole Miss.
- South Carolina offensive lineman A.J. Cann is emerging as more of a leader for the Gamecocks.
- Marsalis Teague gets a fresh start with Tennessee's new cornerbacks coach.
- Johnny Manziel's confidence helped him earn Texas A&M's starting quarterback job.
- A Vanderbilt staffer fills out coach James Franklin's coaches' poll ballot, but he approves it.
Final UCF 10 20 Missouri 38 Final Massachusetts 31 Vanderbilt 34 Final Arkansas 49 Texas Tech 28 Final 6 Georgia 35 24 South Carolina 38 Final Louisiana-Lafayette 15 14 Ole Miss 56 Final Mississippi State 35 South Alabama 3 Final Southern Miss 12 3 Alabama 52 Final Louisiana-Monroe 0 10 LSU 31 Final/3OT Kentucky 30 Florida 36 Final Tennessee 10 4 Oklahoma 34 Final Rice 10 7 Texas A&M 38