August, 17, 2012
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com
Finishing up the week with some links.
- Even less successful SEC teams have big stadiums, writes Terez Paylor of The Kansas City Star.
- Alabama has numerous options to replace big names at linebacker.
- Arkansas' Dennis Johnson is eager to fill the big shoes left by Joe Adams at punt returner.
- Auburn defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder is looking for aggressive play from the defense, as he builds a starting lineup.
- Pat Dooley of The Gainesville Sun writes that Florida needs to find "the guy" at wide receiver.
- Georgia will lean on its wide receivers for big plays.
- LSU's fine offensive line is expected to include veteran Josh Dworaczyk.
- Mississippi State is slowly starting to turn its attention to the start of the season.
- A matured Bud Sasser is catching on at Missouri.
- Wide receiver Tobias Singleton leaves Ole Miss.
- South Carolina offensive lineman A.J. Cann is emerging as more of a leader for the Gamecocks.
- Marsalis Teague gets a fresh start with Tennessee's new cornerbacks coach.
- Johnny Manziel's confidence helped him earn Texas A&M's starting quarterback job.
- A Vanderbilt staffer fills out coach James Franklin's coaches' poll ballot, but he approves it.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/sec