SEC in the headlines: Bama braces for Moreno
September, 26, 2008
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low
Let's check in around the SEC and see what everybody else is writing and saying:
- Alabama's defense has been pretty salty this season, but the Tide now braces for its greatest challenge -- stopping Knowshon Moreno.
- "Bulldog Heaven" is coming to Sanford Stadium. As Chip Towers of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution quipped, there are people dying to get in, too.
- Florida says Ole Miss will be a tougher test than Tennessee.
- Sylvester Croom is looking for any and all improvement and says evaluation of the Mississippi State program starts with him.
- Mississippi State may play three different quarterbacks against LSU.
- LSU's running back by committee has become a committee of one -- Charles Scott.
- Auburn's Mario Fannin could be on the move back to running back.
- Tennessee's special teams woes could get even worse this weekend against Auburn's Robert Dunn.
- Kentucky is going with a new field goal kicker this weekend against Western Kentucky after Lones Seiber missed four field goals in the last game.