Making the rounds on a Wednesday:
- Alabama coach Nick Saban loves the chemistry between quarterback AJ McCarron and the Tide receivers.
- Two late signees for Arkansas -- linebacker Otha Peters and receiver Mekale McKay -- could have a big impact this season for the Hogs.
- Several veterans are battling for starting spots on Auburn's defense under new coordinator Brian VanGorder.
- Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen says it's possible that Angelo Mirando could return as receivers coach.
- Tennessee's A.J. Johnson wants to build on his big freshman season.
- LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger passes his final test in Tuesday's scrimmage.
- Missouri coach Gary Pinkel says quarterback James Franklin's arm strength and accuracy are as good as they've ever been.
- Kentucky coach Joker Phillips says the competition at running back is intense.
- As many as nine or 10 true freshmen could play this season for Texas A&M, and a couple could start, says Aggies coach Kevin Sumlin.
- Matt Jones of The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette takes a look at what Arkansas has learned this preseason in camp.
- Florida is banking on its experienced offensive line being a strength this season.
- Vanderbilt is approaching its highest season-ticket sales mark since 1996, when Notre Dame was on the home schedule.
- South Carolina's Jimmy Legree gets another chance as a starter.
Final UCF 10 20 Missouri 38 Final Massachusetts 31 Vanderbilt 34 Final Arkansas 49 Texas Tech 28 Final 6 Georgia 35 24 South Carolina 38 Final Louisiana-Lafayette 15 14 Ole Miss 56 Final Mississippi State 35 South Alabama 3 Final Southern Miss 12 3 Alabama 52 Final Louisiana-Monroe 0 10 LSU 31 Final/3OT Kentucky 30 Florida 36 Final Tennessee 10 4 Oklahoma 34 Final Rice 10 7 Texas A&M 38