SEC lunch links
August, 24, 2012
By Chris Low | ESPN.com
A Friday stroll around the league:
- A look at the 40 must-see games in the SEC this season, according to Athlon Sports.
- Kiehl Frazier didn't get the Auburn starting quarterback job simply by default, writes Kevin Scarbinsky of The Birmingham News.
- Alabama running back Eddie Lacy returns to practice after spraining his knee and ankle in last Saturday's scrimmage.
- Mike Strange of The Knoxville News-Sentinel wonders if the reward Da'Rick Rogers offered the Vols was worth the risk.
- Missouri offensive guard Jack Meiners is the latest Tigers' offensive lineman to go down with an injury.
- LSU linebacker Kevin Minter is following in Kelvin Sheppard's footsteps.
- Tyrann Mathieu plans to enroll this semester at LSU, according to two of his teammates.
- Ole Miss is working overtime to get freshman defensive end Channing Ward up to speed.
- Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen says freshman Will Redmond has been practicing with the team.
- Arkansas running back Knile Davis will get his first live contact in Friday's scrimmage.
- Vanderbilt will rely on a pair of senior kickers on special teams.
- Florida's defense will be even more aggressive in Year No. 2 under defensive coordinator Dan Quinn.
- Georgia coach Mark Richt says the Bulldogs are close to nailing down their starters on the offensive line.
- Texas A&M is poised to play a ton of freshmen this season.
- Kentucky's Maxwell Smith is settling in as the Wildcats' starting quarterback.
12:00 PM ET Troy 13 Georgia 3:30 PM ET 6 Texas A&M SMU 3:30 PM ET Florida 3 Alabama 4:00 PM ET Indiana 18 Missouri 7:00 PM ET Northern Illinois Arkansas 7:00 PM ET Mississippi State 8 LSU 7:30 PM ET 14 South Carolina Vanderbilt