August, 30, 2012
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com
I can smell the barbecue, chicken tenders and potato salad. It's time to put the ball and glove away. It's football season!
- Vanderbilt has bad memories of South Carolina's defense.
- Zach Mettenberger is a breath of fresh swamp air at LSU.
- New Arkansas-Texas A&M deal could signal changes to Little Rock, Ark., agreement.
- Texas A&M linebacker Steven Jenkins and safety Howard Matthews are still scheduled to be suspended for the postponed Louisiana Tech game.
- The metamorphosis of Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron continues.
- Missouri's injured defensive backs will play this weekend.
- Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel writes that Will Muschamp needs to bring the Gators back ... and eight wins is good enough.
- Randall Mackey's move to running back gives him new life with Ole Miss.
- New Mississippi State wide receivers coach Tim Brewster is learning the Bulldog's offensive system on the fly.
- Hurricane Isaac might have some say in Kentucky's game with Louisville Sunday.
- Tennessee defensive lineman Daniel McCullers wasn't interested in hometown NC State.
- Georgia backup quarterback Hutson Mason hopes he isn't needed.
- Auburn running back coach Curtis Luper will look for the hot hand at running back Saturday.
- Arkansas has a plan for new kickoff rules.
- Marcus Lattimore is ready to go again for South Carolina.
12:00 PM ET Florida Atlantic 2 Alabama 12:00 PM ET 24 Missouri Toledo 12:00 PM ET Arkansas State Tennessee 2:00 PM ET UAB Mississippi State 3:30 PM ET Ohio Kentucky 4:00 PM ET Eastern Michigan Florida 4:00 PM ET Nicholls State Arkansas 4:30 PM ET 18 Ole Miss Vanderbilt 7:00 PM ET East Carolina 9 South Carolina 7:00 PM ET San Jose State 6 Auburn 7:30 PM ET Sam Houston State 13 LSU 7:30 PM ET Lamar 21 Texas A&M