September, 5, 2012
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com
NFL football starts tonight! It's nothing but football from here on out.
- LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger feels some heat playing the high-profile position of quarterback in the SEC.
- Florida's offensive line is rushing to protect.
- Alabama's No. 1 ranking is nothing that players are getting hyped up about.
- Missouri sophomore running back Marcus Murphy is now on Georgia's mind.
- Marc Weiszer of the Athens Banner-Herald writes that Georgia is often out of luck when out of town against new opponents.
- Auburn's depth chart still features a "competitive situation," says defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder.
- Mississippi State's wide receivers leave little to complain about.
- Mike Herndon of the Mobile Press-Register writes that Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin takes the easy way out when it comes to discipline.
- The Aggies are tired of playing the waiting game.
- Kentucky senior Aaron Boyd can finally make good on his promise.
- Tennessee puts up a good front on defense.
- Arkansas and Louisiana-Monroe are in the final year of their unique contract.
- Vanderbilt is still looking for its No. 2 running back.
- Ole Miss had some good points in its season-opening victory.