September, 7, 2012
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com
Finishing up the week some SEC links.
- The SEC newbies are ready for their initiations this weekend.
- Athlon Sports has its top SEC storylines for the weekend.
- Alabama is perfecting the art of the play-action.
- Arkansas' defense is counting on a better performance in Week 2.
- Auburn freshman Avery Young feels right at home as Auburn's right tackle.
- It's payoff time for Florida's offensive linemen.
- Georgia offensive lineman Austin Long is healthy and his odds of playing this weekend are up.
- Kentucky athletic director Mitch Barnhart says the football team must earn respect, but empty seats are a larger problem.
- Washington could be in a for a hot night in Baton Rouge when the Huskies take on LSU.
- New coordinators at Auburn make the Tigers unpredictable for Mississippi State.
- Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch writes that Missouri measures up in the SEC East.
- Denzel Nkemdiche is building his own fame at Ole Miss.
- South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw makes the throws, but it's still unknown if he'll play Saturday.
- Tennessee is moving on with its no-huddle offense.
- Texas A&M has an advantage this weekend against the Gators with its 12th Man.
- Thad McHaney is no longer playing for Vanderbilt, but he's still contributing.
Suspended Idaho 0 Florida 0
Final Tennessee-Martin 14 Kentucky 59 Final South Dakota State 18 24 Missouri 38 Final West Virginia 23 2 Alabama 33 Final Arkansas 21 6 Auburn 45 Final 16 Clemson 21 12 Georgia 45 Final Southern Miss 0 Mississippi State 49 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28
Final 21 Texas A&M 52 9 South Carolina 28 Final Boise State 13 18 Ole Miss 35 Final Temple 37 Vanderbilt 7