September, 7, 2012
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com
Finishing up the week some SEC links.
- The SEC newbies are ready for their initiations this weekend.
- Athlon Sports has its top SEC storylines for the weekend.
- Alabama is perfecting the art of the play-action.
- Arkansas' defense is counting on a better performance in Week 2.
- Auburn freshman Avery Young feels right at home as Auburn's right tackle.
- It's payoff time for Florida's offensive linemen.
- Georgia offensive lineman Austin Long is healthy and his odds of playing this weekend are up.
- Kentucky athletic director Mitch Barnhart says the football team must earn respect, but empty seats are a larger problem.
- Washington could be in a for a hot night in Baton Rouge when the Huskies take on LSU.
- New coordinators at Auburn make the Tigers unpredictable for Mississippi State.
- Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch writes that Missouri measures up in the SEC East.
- Denzel Nkemdiche is building his own fame at Ole Miss.
- South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw makes the throws, but it's still unknown if he'll play Saturday.
- Tennessee is moving on with its no-huddle offense.
- Texas A&M has an advantage this weekend against the Gators with its 12th Man.
- Thad McHaney is no longer playing for Vanderbilt, but he's still contributing.
12:00 PM ET Florida Atlantic 2 Alabama 12:00 PM ET 24 Missouri Toledo 12:00 PM ET Arkansas State Tennessee 2:00 PM ET UAB Mississippi State 3:30 PM ET Ohio Kentucky 4:00 PM ET Eastern Michigan Florida 4:00 PM ET Nicholls State Arkansas 4:30 PM ET 18 Ole Miss Vanderbilt 7:00 PM ET East Carolina 9 South Carolina 7:00 PM ET San Jose State 6 Auburn 7:30 PM ET Sam Houston State 13 LSU 7:30 PM ET Lamar 21 Texas A&M