SEC lunch links
September, 17, 2012
By Chris Low | ESPN.com
Let's hit the links:
- A who's who of Arkansas players wouldn't have been enough against Nick Saban's best Alabama team, writes Kevin Scarbinsky of The Birmingham News.
- Auburn's defense turns its attention to LSU after being "embarrassed" last season in Baton Rouge.
- Arkansas coach John L. Smith has no problem with Tyler Wilson's comments and says Wilson is the spokesman for the team.
- Tennessee safety Brian Randolph injures his knee and is expected to miss the rest of the season.
- Florida coach Will Muschamp says the unbeaten Gators are buying in.
- Georgia moves past the dust-up between defensive coordinator Todd Grantham and Vanderbilt coach James Franklin last year.
- LSU is scoring points in bunches, and the Tigers are producing those points in different ways.
- Ole Miss' problems in covering the pass are exploited by Texas.
- Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen challenges the Bulldogs as they move into the top 25 polls.
- South Carolina Steve Spurrier is optimistic that quarterback Connor Shaw will be able to play Saturday against Missouri.
- Gary Pinkel's comment questioned James Franklin's desire, writes Blair Kerkhoff of the Kansas City Star.
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin says quarterback Johnny Manziel needs to keep improving for SEC defenses.
- Vanderbilt coach James Franklin isn't saying who his quarterback will be this weekend against Georgia.
12:00 PM ET Florida Atlantic 2 Alabama 12:00 PM ET 24 Missouri Toledo 12:00 PM ET Arkansas State Tennessee 2:00 PM ET UAB Mississippi State 3:30 PM ET Ohio Kentucky 4:00 PM ET Eastern Michigan Florida 4:00 PM ET Nicholls State Arkansas 4:30 PM ET 15 Ole Miss Vanderbilt 7:00 PM ET East Carolina 21 South Carolina 7:00 PM ET San Jose State 5 Auburn 7:30 PM ET Sam Houston State 12 LSU 7:30 PM ET Lamar 9 Texas A&M