SEC lunch links
September, 18, 2012
By Chris Low | ESPN.com
A look at what's shaking in the SEC:
- Arkansas coach John L. Smith isn't concerned about fans calling for his job.
- LSU running back Alfred Blue is out for the Auburn game and likely several more weeks with a knee injury.
- LSU's football team works through the bomb threat that was called in on Monday.
- Joker Phillips' luck hasn't been the best, writes Mark Story of The Lexington Herald-Leader.
- Tennessee looks to youngsters in its struggling secondary now that Brian Randolph is lost for the season.
- Austyn Carta-Samuels moves in as Vanderbilt's No. 1 quarterback on the depth chart.
- The SEC West's lack of strength doesn't bode well for another Alabama-LSU rematch in the BCS title game, writes Mark McCarter of The Huntsville Times.
- How good is South Carolina? Brad Senkiw of The Anderson Independent-Mail writes that it's hard to tell.
- Don't expect Florida offensive coordinator Brent Pease to hold back on Kentucky.
- Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel inspires comparisons to Tim Tebow.
- Mississippi State is winning the turnover battle.
- Ole Miss is moving freshman Trae Elston into the starting lineup with Charles Sawyer moving to cornerback.
- Georgia's Josh Dawson, once a Vanderbilt commitment, will be ready to take on the Commodores.
- Alabama hasn't had three consecutive shutouts since 1966.
12:00 PM ET Florida Atlantic 2 Alabama 12:00 PM ET 24 Missouri Toledo 12:00 PM ET Arkansas State Tennessee 2:00 PM ET UAB Mississippi State 3:30 PM ET Ohio Kentucky 4:00 PM ET Eastern Michigan Florida 4:00 PM ET Nicholls State Arkansas 4:30 PM ET 18 Ole Miss Vanderbilt 7:00 PM ET East Carolina 9 South Carolina 7:00 PM ET San Jose State 6 Auburn 7:30 PM ET Sam Houston State 13 LSU 7:30 PM ET Lamar 21 Texas A&M