SEC lunch links
September, 27, 2012
By Chris Low | ESPN.com
A check of what's making news in the SEC:
- Missouri quarterback James Franklin says his ailing shoulder has hurt his confidence.
- Auburn quarterback Kiehl Frazier is feeling the pressure.
- A Q&A with Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long, who says he's committed to John L. Smith as the Hogs' coach through this season.
- Alabama commitment D.J. Johnson faces house arrest if he posts bond in his rape case.
- Archie Manning likes what he sees in Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron.
- Georgia senior receiver Marlon Brown hopes to shine in his final game against Tennessee.
- Kentucky's Maxwell Smith is ready to play with a separated shoulder.
- Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze is eager to see how his no-huddle attack fares against Alabama.
- Mississippi State safety Nickoe Whitley feels like he's all the way back from his torn Achilles.
- Texas A&M is looking to do a major renovation to Kyle Field.
- Spencer Ware is the latest LSU running back to get on a tear.
- Work ethic is paying off for South Carolina defensive end Chaz Sutton.
- The State newspaper's Ron Morris, who's drawn the ire of South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier, writes that it's not easy being a coach or a columnist.
- LSU will provide a true test for Jeff Driskel and the Florida offense.
Final 21 Texas A&M 52 9 South Carolina 28 Final Boise State 13 18 Ole Miss 35 Final Temple 37 Vanderbilt 7
Suspended Idaho 0 Florida 0
Final Tennessee-Martin 14 Kentucky 59 Final South Dakota State 18 24 Missouri 38 Final West Virginia 23 2 Alabama 33 Final Arkansas 21 6 Auburn 45 Final 16 Clemson 21 12 Georgia 45 Final Southern Miss 0 Mississippi State 49 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28