SEC lunch links
September, 27, 2012
By Chris Low | ESPN.com
A check of what's making news in the SEC:
- Missouri quarterback James Franklin says his ailing shoulder has hurt his confidence.
- Auburn quarterback Kiehl Frazier is feeling the pressure.
- A Q&A with Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long, who says he's committed to John L. Smith as the Hogs' coach through this season.
- Alabama commitment D.J. Johnson faces house arrest if he posts bond in his rape case.
- Archie Manning likes what he sees in Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron.
- Georgia senior receiver Marlon Brown hopes to shine in his final game against Tennessee.
- Kentucky's Maxwell Smith is ready to play with a separated shoulder.
- Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze is eager to see how his no-huddle attack fares against Alabama.
- Mississippi State safety Nickoe Whitley feels like he's all the way back from his torn Achilles.
- Texas A&M is looking to do a major renovation to Kyle Field.
- Spencer Ware is the latest LSU running back to get on a tear.
- Work ethic is paying off for South Carolina defensive end Chaz Sutton.
- The State newspaper's Ron Morris, who's drawn the ire of South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier, writes that it's not easy being a coach or a columnist.
- LSU will provide a true test for Jeff Driskel and the Florida offense.
12:00 PM ET Troy 13 Georgia 3:30 PM ET 6 Texas A&M SMU 3:30 PM ET Florida 3 Alabama 4:00 PM ET Indiana 18 Missouri 7:00 PM ET Northern Illinois Arkansas 7:00 PM ET Mississippi State 8 LSU 7:30 PM ET 14 South Carolina Vanderbilt