October, 4, 2012
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com
"Separation Saturday" is getting closer and closer.
- Arkansas coach John L. Smith's financial troubles are much deeper than first reported, as his liabilities stand at $40.7 million.
- SEC coaches take the good and bad in dealing with late kickoffs.
- Defense end Barkevious Mingo is doing whatever is asked of him at LSU.
- Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray has another shot to make it big.
- Florida running back Mike Gillislee benefits from time off during the bye.
- Steve Spurrier and South Carolina excel in big games.
- Auburn could change its starting lineup yet again on against Arkansas on Saturday.
- Parrish Alford of the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal writes that Ole Miss has been more physical in recent weeks.
- Big offensive plays are killing Tennessee defensive coordinator Sal Sunseri.
- Vanderbilt is trying to keep up in the SEC.
- Missouri offensive tackle Elvis Fisher is headed back to duty on the Tigers' offensive line.
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin responds to Nick Saban's dig on no-huddles offenses.
- Crowd noise doesn't get to Mississippi State quarterback Tyler Russell.
- Will Kentucky's freshmen quarterbacks bring fans back to Commonwealth Stadium?
12:00 PM ET UAB Arkansas 3:30 PM ET 1 Mississippi State Kentucky 4:00 PM ET Vanderbilt Missouri 7:15 PM ET 3 Ole Miss 24 LSU 7:30 PM ET South Carolina 5 Auburn 7:30 PM ET 4 Alabama Tennessee