SEC lunch links
October, 15, 2012
By Chris Low | ESPN.com
Making the rounds on a Monday:
- Alabama coach Nick Saban says quarterback AJ McCarron will be "fine in a day or two."
- The frustration of losing is obvious, but Auburn coach Gene Chizik says the players are still playing hard.
- Florida gets a special effort on special teams.
- Georgia does its best to put the South Carolina loss in perspective.
- Frustration mounts as Tennessee misses another chance to get over the hump.
- For Tennessee coach Derek Dooley, it's finish or be finished, writes David Climer of The Tennessean.
- John Clay of The Lexington Herald-Leader picks up the pieces from Kentucky's blowout loss at Arkansas.
- Missouri quarterback James Franklin says he plans to play against Kentucky in two weeks.
- Despite the unbeaten start, it's no time for Mississippi State to celebrate.
- Jadeveon Clowney doesn't deliver on his pregame threat to LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger.
- The Tennessee series still matters for Alabama, writes Cecil Hurt of The Tuscaloosa News.
- Arkansas shows improvement and takes care of its business.
- The schedule softens some for Vanderbilt the rest of the way.
- Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel enters the Heisman Trophy conversation.
12:00 PM ET Troy 13 Georgia 3:30 PM ET 6 Texas A&M SMU 3:30 PM ET Florida 3 Alabama 4:00 PM ET Indiana 18 Missouri 7:00 PM ET Northern Illinois Arkansas 7:00 PM ET Mississippi State 8 LSU 7:30 PM ET 14 South Carolina Vanderbilt