SEC lunch links
October, 15, 2012
By Chris Low | ESPN.com
Making the rounds on a Monday:
- Alabama coach Nick Saban says quarterback AJ McCarron will be "fine in a day or two."
- The frustration of losing is obvious, but Auburn coach Gene Chizik says the players are still playing hard.
- Florida gets a special effort on special teams.
- Georgia does its best to put the South Carolina loss in perspective.
- Frustration mounts as Tennessee misses another chance to get over the hump.
- For Tennessee coach Derek Dooley, it's finish or be finished, writes David Climer of The Tennessean.
- John Clay of The Lexington Herald-Leader picks up the pieces from Kentucky's blowout loss at Arkansas.
- Missouri quarterback James Franklin says he plans to play against Kentucky in two weeks.
- Despite the unbeaten start, it's no time for Mississippi State to celebrate.
- Jadeveon Clowney doesn't deliver on his pregame threat to LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger.
- The Tennessee series still matters for Alabama, writes Cecil Hurt of The Tuscaloosa News.
- Arkansas shows improvement and takes care of its business.
- The schedule softens some for Vanderbilt the rest of the way.
- Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel enters the Heisman Trophy conversation.
12:00 PM ET Florida Atlantic 2 Alabama 12:00 PM ET 24 Missouri Toledo 12:00 PM ET Arkansas State Tennessee 2:00 PM ET UAB Mississippi State 3:30 PM ET Ohio Kentucky 4:00 PM ET Eastern Michigan Florida 4:00 PM ET Nicholls State Arkansas 4:30 PM ET 18 Ole Miss Vanderbilt 7:00 PM ET East Carolina 9 South Carolina 7:00 PM ET San Jose State 6 Auburn 7:30 PM ET Sam Houston State 13 LSU 7:30 PM ET Lamar 21 Texas A&M