SEC lunch links
October, 18, 2012
By Chris Low | ESPN.com
Scanning the globe for what's making news in the SEC:
- Tennessee defensive coordinator Sal Sunseri gets emotional in talking about facing his son -- Alabama safety Vinnie Sunseri.
- Alabama's Barrett Jones says AJ McCarron's knee "is fine."
- Mississippi State's Chad Bumphis is letting his catches do his talking this season.
- Steve Spurrier is an infamous icon at Florida, writes David Jones of Florida Today.
- Injury report or no injury report, Florida's defenders are preparing to face Marcus Lattimore.
- Vanderbilt isn't settling for moral victories.
- Georgia is looking to dial up its pressure on opposing quarterbacks.
- Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel is moving up in the Heisman polls.
- Kentucky is finding that patience is required for freshman quarterback Jalen Whitlow.
- Arkansas looks forward to getting tight end Chris Gragg back on the field.
- Tennessee athletic director Dave Hart: There were more challenges than met the eye.
- LSU is unsure about offensive guard Josh Williford's status for the Texas A&M game.
- LSU and Texas A&M frequently cross paths on the recruiting trail.
- Out of the doghouse, Ole Miss' Jeff Scott has provided a big boost for the Rebels.
Final 21 Texas A&M 52 9 South Carolina 28 Final Boise State 13 18 Ole Miss 35 Final Temple 37 Vanderbilt 7
Suspended Idaho 0 Florida 0
Final Tennessee-Martin 14 Kentucky 59 Final South Dakota State 18 24 Missouri 38 Final West Virginia 23 2 Alabama 33 Final Arkansas 21 6 Auburn 45 Final 16 Clemson 21 12 Georgia 45 Final Southern Miss 0 Mississippi State 49 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28