SEC lunch links
October, 23, 2012
By Chris Low | ESPN.com
Our daily check of what's shaking in the SEC:
- Georgia safety Shawn Williams says the Bulldogs are playing "too soft" on defense.
- The Florida game is big for Georgia, but is even bigger for Mark Richt, writes Mark Bradley of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Florida's football team has a motto: FNB (Florida Never Breaks).
- It's too late for Tennessee coach Derek Dooley to get tough with quarterback Tyler Bray, writes John Adams of The Knoxville News-Sentinel.
- LSU is passing more this season, but not better.
- Mississippi State's LaDarius Perkins is running past the doubters.
- Alabama's AJ McCarron might be Heisman worthy, but it's still too early, writes Kevin Scarbinsky of The Birmingham News.
- Former Auburn coach Pat Dye refuses to discuss the state of affairs at Auburn on his weekly appearance on the Paul Finebaum Radio Show.
- Auburn's Tre Mason wants more carries with the game on the line.
- Arkansas is looking to keep its momentum going Saturday against Ole Miss.
- Ole Miss and Arkansas both get extra prep time to prepare for their matchup this weekend.
- The decision on whether to keep Kentucky coach Joker Phillips next season should come down to whether the Wildcats' decision-makers think the team will win next season, writes Mark Story of The Lexington Herald-Leader.
- Vanderbilt coach James Franklin and the Commodores aren't taking any win for granted.
- It's been a frustrating season for Missouri freshman receiver Dorial Green-Beckham.
- All of South Carolina's deficiencies were on display in the loss to Florida.
Final Eastern Kentucky 3 Florida 52 Final Charleston Southern 9 10 Georgia 55 Final South Alabama 12 South Carolina 37 Final 8 Ole Miss 0 Arkansas 30 Final Western Carolina 14 1 Alabama 48 Final Samford 7 14 Auburn 31 Final 20 Missouri 29 Tennessee 21 Final Vanderbilt 0 4 Mississippi State 51