Making the rounds on a Monday:
- Alabama starts the "playoff" portion of its schedule, writes Cecil Hurt of The Tuscaloosa News.
- LSU may get guard Josh Williford back on the offensive line this week.
- Jeff Schultz of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution lays out a step-by-step plan for Georgia to get to the BCS National Championship Game.
- Georgia's resurgent defense has plenty of heroes.
- Dealing with adversity now becomes the challenge for Florida.
- Auburn's Gene Chizik acknowledges that focus is an issue for the Tigers.
- Looking back at Arkansas' 30-27 loss to Ole Miss.
- Texas A&M's battering of Auburn showed that the Aggies are right at home in the SEC.
- More SEC tests are coming for Ole Miss and Mississippi State.
- Missouri finally seems to be finding its footing.
- Losing is nothing new for Kentucky football, writes John Clay of The Lexington Herald-Leader.
- Penalties stop Vanderbilt's progress up front.
- There's no defense for Tennessee's defense, writes John Adams of The Knoxville News-Sentinel.
2:00 PM ET Washington State Colorado State 3:30 PM ET 20 Fresno State 25 USC 5:30 PM ET Buffalo San Diego State 9:00 PM ET Tulane Louisiana-Lafayette
6:00 PM ET Pittsburgh Bowling Green 9:30 PM ET Utah State 23 Northern Illinois
2:30 PM ET Marshall Maryland 6:00 PM ET Syracuse Minnesota 9:30 PM ET Brigham Young Washington
12:00 PM ET Rutgers Notre Dame 3:20 PM ET Cincinnati North Carolina 6:45 PM ET Miami (FL) 18 Louisville 10:15 PM ET Michigan Kansas State
11:45 AM ET Middle Tennessee Navy 3:15 PM ET Ole Miss Georgia Tech 6:45 PM ET 10 Oregon Texas 10:15 PM ET 14 Arizona State Texas Tech
12:30 PM ET Arizona Boston College 2:00 PM ET Virginia Tech 17 UCLA 4:00 PM ET Rice Mississippi State 8:00 PM ET 24 Duke 21 Texas A&M
12:00 PM ET Nebraska 22 Georgia 12:00 PM ET UNLV North Texas 1:00 PM ET Iowa 16 LSU 1:00 PM ET 19 Wisconsin 9 South Carolina 5:00 PM ET 5 Stanford 4 Michigan State 8:30 PM ET 15 UCF 6 Baylor
7:30 PM ET 13 Oklahoma State 8 Missouri 8:30 PM ET 12 Clemson 7 Ohio State