November, 16, 2012
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com
The weekend is so close I can taste it. But let's chow down on some lunch links first.
- The NCAA hits Tennessee football with additional penalties tied to Willie Mack Garza.
- An old Vanderbilt coach sees a new day for the Commodores.
- Johnny Manziel's Heisman campaign is finally up and running.
- South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier can join Bear Bryant in the SEC record books with a win Saturday.
- Ole Miss is looking to bounce back with a big win at LSU.
- Young receivers are emerging for Missouri's offense.
- Trends clash when Mississippi State meets Arkansas this weekend.
- Jim Kleinpeter of the New Orleans Times-Picayune reminisces about Tiger Stadium and the sound explosion in the 1972 LSU win over Ole Miss.
- Mark Story of the Lexington Herald-Leader wonders if Bill Cowher is the Bill Parcells of the current Kentucky coaching search.
- A surprise player is emerging at Georgia's backup quarterback spot.
- Defensive coordinator Dan Quinn is having fun at Florida.
- Auburn linebacker Ashton Richardson really embraces his role as a student-athlete and has his sights set on the Rhodes Scholarship interview.
- Bobby Humphrey likes what he sees from Alabama running back T.J. Yeldon.