December, 4, 2012
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com
Checking out the SEC with some Tuesday links.
- Despite the four openings, the SEC was loaded with fine coaching in 2012.
- Johnny Manziel says the win over Alabama was the top moment of his freshman year.
- The rise of Johnny Football is a defining moment for Texas A&M.
- Alabama safety Robert Lester says he felt like he "got hit by a bus" after the SEC championship game against Georgia.
- Are Mike Gundy and Charlie Strong the top remaining candidates for the Tennessee opening?
- Former Arkansas offensive coordinator Paul Petrino is introduced as Idaho's head coach.
- The SEC is reviewing Quinton Dial's hit on Aaron Murray to see if he should be punished for it.
- Mark Stoops brings championship aspirations to Kentucky.
- Auburn athletic facility is removing Gene Chizik photo memories.
- Auburn speaks to Bobby Petrino on the phone, but hasn't met face-to-face with him.
- Auburn defensive lineman Gabe Wright acknowledges the anxious anticipation for the Tigers' new head coach.
- Ole Miss coach Huge Freeze is building off of the Egg Bowl win.
- Vanderbilt coach James Franklin favors the SEC over Notre Dame.
- LSU coach Les Miles is happy to be "wanted" by the Chick-fil-A Bowl.
- Missouri coach Gary Pinkel is learning the price of being in the SEC.
- Dan Mullen takes on an old friend in the Taxslayer.com Gator Bowl.
12:00 PM ET Tennessee 12 Georgia 12:00 PM ET Vanderbilt Kentucky 3:30 PM ET Arkansas 6 Texas A&M 4:00 PM ET Louisiana Tech 5 Auburn 7:00 PM ET Missouri 13 South Carolina 7:30 PM ET Memphis 10 Ole Miss 7:30 PM ET New Mexico State 17 LSU