SEC lunch links
December, 31, 2012
By Chris Low | ESPN.com
Happy New Year's Eve. Here are a few links to get you started on the bowl bonanza over the next few days:
- The status of Georgia defensive end Abry Jones isn't promising for the Capital One Bowl.
- Bret Bielema's Arkansas staff is lacking in Texas recruiting flavor, writes Mike Herndon of Al.com.
- Randy Shannon is hired to coach the Arkansas linebackers.
- South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier isn't sure how his quarterback rotation will play out in the Outback Bowl.
- South Carolina receiver Bruce Ellington is still mulling his football future.
- Texas A&M receiver Mike Evans is hooping it up on the gridiron.
- Florida charges into the Allstate Sugar Bowl with a lot of confidence and a lot of expectations.
- Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel is just scratching the surface, writes Pat Dooley of The Gainesville Sun.
- Mississippi State's younger players aren't intimidated by the bright lights.
- Ole Miss' Gilbert Pena wants to play on both sides of the ball.
- Clemson's offense will try to spread LSU thin.
- Alabama receiver Kenny Bell is making a speedy recovery.
- For Georgia's Jarvis Jones, time is short.
- Aaron Murray could be playing his final game at Georgia, writes Jeff Schultz of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.