SEC lunch links
January, 28, 2013
By Chris Low | ESPN.com
Making the rounds on a Monday:
- Junior college quarterback Nick Marshall, who started his career at Georgia, remains firmly committed to Auburn.
- Mark Wiedmer of The Chattanooga Times Free Press writes that Derek Dooley is a perfect fit for the Cowboys.
- South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier is pumped about his new defensive line coach.
- Georgia coach Mark Richt may be getting a raise next month.
- Georgia is trying to pry top defensive end prospect Davin Bellamy away from Florida State.
- Carl Lawson, ranked by ESPN as the No. 2 defensive end prospect in the country, is down to Auburn, Clemson and Tennessee.
- Offensive lineman Deon Mix decommits from Mississippi State.
- Arkansas picks up commitments from three of the seven recruits the Hogs had in for visits over the weekend.
- A shot at big-boy money lures top juniors such as Luke Joeckel and Damontre Moore to the NFL.
- Georgia leads the way with 38 players on the SEC Academic Honor Roll.
- Vanderbilt coach James Franklin is trying to build a recruiting pipeline to Memphis.
Final Furman 10 South Carolina 41 Final 21 Texas A&M 0 7 Alabama 59 Final 10 Georgia 45 Arkansas 32 Final Tennessee 3 3 Ole Miss 34 Final Missouri 42 Florida 13 Final Kentucky 3 LSU 41