Afternoon links: Big plays return for Tide
November, 16, 2009
By Chris Low | ESPN.com
Kicking off the week with some SEC linkage:
- Big plays return to Alabama's passing game, writes Gentry Estes of The Mobile Press-Register.
- Auburn is looking to fix its mistakes during the bye week before taking on Alabama, writes Charles Goldberg of The Birmingham News.
- Georgia coach Mark Richt says safety Bacarri Rambo has recovered extremely well after suffering a concussion in the Auburn game.
- South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier says he can see why Stephen Garcia made the decision he did on the interception that turned around the Florida game last Saturday.
- Ole Miss freshman offensive tackle Bobby Massie makes his first start a memorable one. The Rebels move John Jerry to guard.
- Kentucky quarterback Mike Hartline will undergo knee surgery and miss the final two regular-season games.
- With Charles Scott out, LSU's Keiland Williams comes to life, writes Glenn Guilbeau of Gannett Louisiana Newspapers.
- Florida true freshman Xavier Nixon comes through just fine at left tackle in his first start for the Gators.